New site set up to share information about reinstating intercity bus service
Rimrock discontinued its service across Montana and North Dakota on Friday March 25, 2013. As they work with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to reopen, we are working to coordinate with other bus companies with the goal of getting service running as soon as possible.
Rimrock Stages serves Montana and North Dakota with scheduled intercity bus service, chartered buses, and package delivery service. Rimrock’s scheduled services include:
- I-90 and I-94 from Fargo, ND to Missoula, MT via Billings, Bozeman, and Butte
- An additional east-west route from Billings to Missoula via Bozeman and Helena
- I-15 from Butte to Great Falls, MT via Helena
- US-93 from Missoula, MT to Whitefish, MT
Rimrock also interlines with Greyhound, Salt Lake Express, Arrow / Black Hills Stage Lines, Jefferson Lines, and other members of the National Bus Traffic Association to provide connected service across the country, including to Coeur d’Alene, Spokane, Idaho Falls, Cody, and Salt Lake City.
Rimrock riders can link to other Montana intercity services in Great Falls and Kalispell.
- Great Falls to Havre and Fort Belknap on Tuesdays and Thursdays via North Central Transit
- Great Falls to Shelby on Mondays and Thursdays via Northern Transit Interlocal
- Kalispell to Shelby on Tuesdays and Wednesdays via Northern Transit Interlocal
Rimrock Stages is part of Trailways, the oldest North American motorcoach system comprised of independent, privately owned motorcoach companies with an enviable reputation for providing safety, security, quality, reliability, and value for services provided.
To plan a trip or buy a ticket, visit http://rimrocktrailways.com/
Rimrock Stages developed a five year transit development plan and business plan based on the intercity travel needs of residents and visitors to Montana. The planning process and resulting plan will serve as a catalyst for Rimrock Stages, allowing sound, effective business decisions based on an in depth understanding of the market, goals, and financial targets. As a result, the network of intercity services should improve, and the needs of Montanans and visitors will be better met.
To conduct this project, Rimrock selected Current Transportation Solutions, a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise located in Bozeman, Montana.
Final project documents were published in September 2011.